Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jonathan and Ethan are growing so fast!

Ethan and Jonathan fell asleep on the way to Irvine to get Ethan's haircut. I couldn't resist getting this picture. I had no idea that Jonathan had fallen asleep until we pulled into the parking lot. I must say that I have been meaning to get Ethan's hair cut for a long time, but I just couldn't seem to part with his sweet curls. I guess that when people start telling you what a pretty little girl he is that it is past time to cut it. I would have done it myself, but I didn't want to cut it too short. I just wanted it trimmed so that we wouldn't lose all of the curls so we had to go to a salon and Keith's mom had a coupon to Rainbow Kids. They are apparently the best in Orange County for kids haircuts. So that's what we did.
This is his hair before the cut. I wish I would have got a better picture, but I didn't think that I would need one since we were just getting a trim.

This is the finished product. As you can see, it is a lot shorter than I wanted it. I'm not too upset, because he does look adorable, but I miss the curls so much! He wasn't exactly cooperative in the chair and cried the entire time. He kept trying to hit the lady's hand away and would scream every time he heard the scissors cut his hair. I had to hold his hands down just so she could cut his hair. When she went to trim the front I told her to go just above his eyebrow by a fingertip. Instead she kind of cut it all off. I don't blame her though, Ethan was not an easy subject. I just wish I didn't waste the money. I could have done this cut at home with the clippers. Anyway, now we won't have to cut his hair for a long time! Ethan now looks a lot older with his new haircut, but he still acts like our same little goofball.

Since the new year began a few things have changed. Jonathan is no longer a Sunbeam, much to my sadness, and is now a CTR 5. I can't believe how fast things are moving in our life. I feel like I just potty trained him and now he is truly a kid and there are no more traces of the little baby I used to hold. He frequently reminds me of how big he is and that he can do anything.

It was a pretty hectic Sunday morning and I threw the kids in the bath to wash them really fast. Ethan I finished first and got him out and dressed. Jonathan washed himself, although I had to get his hair, and got out and dried off. I told him that as soon as I was done with Ethan that I would get him dressed. He disappeared into his room and I assumed he was playing. About ten minutes later I was finished with Ethan and went to get Jonathan. He walked out of his room before I could get there and was dressed. I was so pleased. He gets himself dressed everyday, but I usually have to fight him to wear Sunday clothes so I was totally prepared for the fight. He was in the above outfit when he walked out of his room and said, "Okay, Mom, I'm ready to go." He then proceeded to walk downstairs to wait for me to get dressed. I was beyond shocked and pleased. Sometimes our kids kind of just grow up without us even realising it.

No comments: