Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Bedding

I finally got to replace the bedding Keith's mom bought us for Christmas today. I love it and I think that Keith will like it as well. He seems to be the most opinionated husband when it comes to decorating the house. Anyway, I put all of it on the bed and of course then proceeded to take pictures to email Keith. The boys and I then ran to the park and the store. When we got home we ate a quick dinner then got ready for bed. I walked into my room to find that my white embroidered pillows were missing from my bed and thrown haphazardly on the floor. I was a little confused considering we had only been home for a short time and the boys weren't in my room, that I knew of.
After Jonathan was done brushing his teeth he came into my room where I was practicing piano waiting for him. He then said, "Mom do you like the bed now?" I, of course, responded with a yes thinking he was referring to the new bedding. He then went on to say, "I had to take off the white pillows, Mom, they don't belong." I am a little stunned at this point thinking that my son is telling me how to decorate my house at the tender age of four so I don't yet have a response. He then pulls the bag that the new bedding came in and showed me the picture and says, "See, Mom, there are no white pillows in this picture. Didn't you see that when you made the bed?" I was, at this point, trying to contain my mirth, with difficulty, and told him that I like the white pillows on the bed. He gave me his "worried" look, which I don't have a picture of yet, and said, "Okay, Mom, whatever you want," he then walked to his room for bed. I am still laughing about the whole thing. How do our kids grow up so fast? (Luckily he missed the pink pillow!)

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Oh that is too funny Andrea. I can just picture him and his little voice saying all that. Too cute! But I do have to say that I respectfully disagree with you having the most opinionated husband when it comes to decorating. That award goes to my Aaron FOR SURE. It's borderline annoying.

Your bed looks great!!

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

Okay, I found you! And that is classic Jonathan!